How to Order
New to GiLi Nails or the world of press-on nails in general? Ordering is easy and I'm here to help!
Grab a sizing kit
Sizing Kits are the best way to find your perfect fit and to preview how a certain shape or length looks on your hand.
Sizing kits include 11+ different sizes of each length/shape you select and directions for finding your size. Once you write down your sizes for each hand, you're ready to begin placing your order.
Browse the made-to-order inventory of on designs or place a custom order
All sets on the site can be customized to your preferences. Use the Order Notes box to let me know your custom sizing numbers and any modifications you'd like before adding each set to your cart.
To place a custom order, simply fill out the form with the required info (sizing, length, shape, description if needed) and attach any inspo pic you have. Please double check that your email doesn't contain any typos in case I need to reply with any follow-up questions
Place your order
Once your order is placed, you'll receive an order confirmation email. Please note all sets are handmade-to-order and usually shipped out within 10 business days. Once your order has shipped, you'll receive your tracking info.
Consider creating an account with GiLiNails.com
Creating an account will allow you to begin collecting reward points which add up quickly and can generate big discounts for your future orders
Still have questions?
Don't hesitate to reach out to me! I'm always here for your questions and am more than happy to help. No question is too small.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out my size?
Ordering a Sizing Kit is strongly recommended. A perfect fit ensures your nails will look natural and adhere properly.
- Sizing Kits include 11-14 different sized Gel-X tips in your choice of length/shape
- Different shapes/lengths vary in size so please order a sizing kit in each shape/length you plan on ordering your sets in.
- Sizing Kits are now free and ship within 3 business days. Limit 2 per order.
- You can attempt to measure the width of your nail beds with a tape measure and compare to the Sizing Guide but sizing kits are highly recommended for the perfect fit.
- Please note: a drug store brand (such as Kiss Nails) sizing system will not be accurate for the Aprés Gel-X system tips that I use.
How long will it take to get my nails?
- Orders have a processing time of up to 10 business days before shipment
- Orders shipped using Standard shipping (USPS First Class Mail) typically arrive within 3-5 days after the shipping date unless there is a delay on USPS' behalf
- Orders shipped using Expedited shipping (USPS Priority Mail) are typically delivered 2-3 days after the shipping date unless there is a delay on USPS' behalf
- PLEASE NOTE: Choosing expedited shipping at checkout will not change the processing time of your order and will only affect the actual shipping speed. There are Rush Order options if you need your order to be shipped sooner than 10 business days
Slight delays in processing time may occur during big sales and the holiday season as each set is made-to-order and the business is run solely by me. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during the busier times and always do my best to get your order out ASAP
What comes with my order?
- All orders come with a prep kit including: alcohol wipes, a cuticle stick, a mini buffer, a sheet of adhesive tabs, a tube of nail glue, detailed instructions for application and removal, as well as a discount code for your next order
Can I return my nails or be refunded if they don't fit?
- Due to the nature of this being a handmade to order product and due to health and safety concerns, returns and refunds are not available
- Please consider ordering Sizing Kits before ordering any sets and also check the Sizing Guide and Length & Shape Guide to ensure your nails will be the perfect fit and have the look you were expecting
- Please note: Different shapes/lengths of Apres Gel-X tips may vary in size so please order a sizing kit in each shape/length you plan on ordering your sets in
What is your refund policy?
- As each set is handmade to order, refunds are not offered
- Please take a moment to double check that all info (sizing, length, shape, mailing info, etc) is accurate before placing your order
- Email me within 24 hours for order cancellations, order modifications or any other concerns you may have
How do I place a custom order?
- Fill out the Custom Order form and I will get back with you shortly and send your invoice
- Please include any inspo pics you may have, along with your size(s), length, shape and any other necessary info.
- If you'd like it to be a freestyle/surprise set, let me know your likes/dislikes and show me any inspo you have
- Custom sets have a processing time of up to 10 business days before shipment.
- Processing time begins after invoice is paid. Invoices not paid within 72 hours will be canceled
- Please double check the email address you submit for any typos (if it's entered incorrectly, I can't reply)
How do I apply my press-on nails?
- Buff your nail beds with the rough side of the buffer block in your prep kit (or use an E-File) to remove the shine and create a rough surface. (Nail glue will not adhere to a shiny surface.)
- Use the cuticle stick to gently push your cuticles back if desired
- Use the alcohol wipes to cleanse and dry your nail beds
- Apply enough glue to coat your nail bed. Line the press on up properly with your natural nail and press down, applying pressure onto the nail for about 15 seconds
- Removal Aftercare Kits are available in the Extra Supplies section
- Adhesive tabs can be combined with nail glue for extra grip
- Please take the time to prep your nails properly and follow the directions when applying your press-ons. It will directly affect how long your nails stay on and how well they will adhere.
How long will my nails stay on?
- With nail glue, proper application and care, your press ons will stay on for around 2+ weeks at a time. With adhesive tabs, usually just a day or two at a time
- Adhesive tabs can be combined with nail glue for extra grip.
- If you have naturally oily skin/nails, I recommend buying a nail hydrator to use after you've prepped your nails, but before applying glue.
How can I safely remove press ons?
- Soak your hand in warm, soapy water for up to 5 minutes
- An oil of your choice (coconut, olive oil, etc) can also be added into the soapy water to help lift the nail
- Gently slide cuticle stick underneath the nail, starting at the bottom, moving side to side, up to the top, to check if it's coming loose
- The nail should come off easily. Do not rip it off! If it's still sticking, soak again for another minute or two and try again
- Aftercare: gently buff away the old glue, cleanse with an alcohol wipe and apply cuticle oil if possible
- Massaging cuticle oil into your nail bed after removal will help replenish your nails and improve the overall health over time
- Removal kits available in the Extra Supplies section
I lost a nail. What do I do?
- Purchase the Replacement Nail Fee from the Extra Supplies section and enter the necessary info (size, length, shape, which set it's for, which finger, etc)
- Please note: if the replacement fee is included in an order with sets, it may take up to 10 days before the replacement nail is shipped. If you need the replacement(s) ASAP, order it separate from the other items
What are your business hours?
- Business Hours:
Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm
- Non-operational on:
Please note: Slight delays in processing time may occur during big sales and the holiday season as each set is made-to-order and the business is run solely by me. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding during the busier times and always do my best to get your order out ASAP
What tips do you use?
- GiLi Nails exclusively uses the Aprés Gel-X system.
No cheap plastic tips or low quality materials will go into the making of your set!
Are my nails reusable?
- Yes! I highly recommend investing in a cheap e-file if you're regularly wearing press on nails. With an e-file, you can successfully file off the old glue from the press on and your nail bed. This will allow you to re-use your press ons successfully
- Check out my IG tutorial on how to reuse your press ons here
A set I wanted is no longer on your site. Can you still make it for me?
- Yes! Typically sets are only removed to make way for new or seasonal designs but I will gladly recreate older sets (unless a particular supply has been discontinued, which is rare)
Is there a way to fill in gaps between my nail bed and the press-on?
- Try using an adhesive tab on the inside of the press-on to fill the gap, in addition to applying glue on your nail bed
My package was returned to you. Will you re-ship it?
- Of course! Just purchase the re-shipping fee from the Extras section and I will mail it back out to you ASAP
- Please note: Packages are usually returned to sender because of small errors in the address (typos, missing apartment number, etc) form so please double check your shipping info before submitting your order.
Packages often get stolen at my residence. What should I do?
- Use the Order Notes to request signature confirmation and I'll happily add it on to your order for free. This ensures that your mailman must hand the package directly to you or it can be picked up at your post office
My order was marked as delivered by USPS but I didn't get it.
- Once USPS obtains your package and scans it into their system, GiLi Nails is no longer responsible for it. USPS is 100% accountable for the package(s) being delivered to you
- Signature confirmation can help prevent stolen packages and is available upon request. Just let me know if you need it in the Order Notes. This can be helpful for unsecured mail rooms as the mail carrier will have to hand it to you directly
- In the rare and unfortunate circumstance that your package was lost, please file a claim with USPS here: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm