Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out my size?
- Ordering Sizing Kits is strongly recommended
- You can attempt to measure the width of your nail beds with a tape measure and compare to the Sizing Guide but sizing kits are highly recommended for the perfect fit.
- Sizing Kits can be found in the Extras section and include 11-14 different sized Gel-X tips, each labeled with a number, in your desired shape/length for you to find your exact sizes with
- Different shapes/lengths vary in size so please order a sizing kit in each shape/length you plan on ordering your sets in.
- Sizing Kits are now free and ship within 3 business days. Limit 4 per order.
- Please note: a drug store brand (such as Kiss Nails) sizing system will not be accurate for the Aprés Gel-X system tips that I use.
How long will it take to get my nails?
- Please note tracking numbers may take up to 24 hours to show any movement
- Orders are all handmade in the order they are placed and have a processing time of up to 10 business days before shipment
- Orders shipped using Standard shipping (USPS First Class Mail) typically arrive within 3-5 days after the shipping date unless there is a delay on USPS' behalf
- Orders shipped using Expedited shipping (USPS Priority Mail) are typically delivered 2-3 days after the shipping date unless there is a delay on USPS' behalf
- PLEASE NOTE: Choosing expedited shipping at checkout will not change the processing time of your order and will only affect the actual shipping speed
What comes with my order?
- All orders come with a prep kit including: alcohol wipes, a cuticle stick, a mini buffer, a sheet of adhesive tabs, a tube of nail glue, detailed instructions for application and removal, as well as a discount code for your next order.
Can I return my nails or be refunded if they don't fit?
- Due to the nature of this being a handmade to order product and due to health and safety concerns, returns and refunds are not available
- Please consider ordering Sizing Kits before ordering any sets and also check the Sizing Guide and Length & Shape Guide to ensure your nails will be the perfect fit and have the look you were expecting
- Please note: Different shapes/lengths of Apres Gel-X tips may vary in size so please order a sizing kit in each shape/length you plan on ordering your sets in
What is your refund policy?
- As each set is handmade to order, refunds are not offered due to oversights made by the customer
- Please take a moment to double check that all info (sizing, length, shape, mailing info, etc) is accurate before placing your order
- Email me within 24 hours for order cancellations, order modifications or any other concerns you may have
How do I place a custom order?
- Fill out the Custom Order form and I will get back with you shortly
- Please include any reference pics you have along with the desired size(s), length, shape and any other necessary info
- Please double check the email address you submit for any typos - if it's entered incorrectly, I can't reply
How do press on nails adhere?
- Nail glue, adhesives tabs or both combined, depending on your preference. Detailed instructions for proper preparation and application included with each order.
How do I apply my press on nails?
- Buff your nail beds with the rough side of the buffer block in your prep kit (or use an E-File) to remove the shine and create a rough surface. (Nail glue will not adhere to a shiny surface.)
- Use the orange wood / cuticle stick to gently push your cuticles back if desired
- Use the alcohol wipes to cleanse and dry your nail beds
- Apply enough glue to coat your nail bed. Line the press on up properly with your natural nail and press down, applying pressure onto the nail for about 15 seconds
- Removal Aftercare Kits are available in the Extra Supplies section
- Adhesive tabs can be combined with nail glue for extra grip
- Please do take the time to prep your nails properly and follow the directions when applying your press-ons. It will directly affect how long your nails stay on and how well they will adhere.
How long will my nails stay on?
- With nail glue, proper application and care, your press ons will stay on for around 2+ weeks at a time. With adhesive tabs, usually just a day or two at a time
- Please be sure to properly prep your nails (see directions above). It takes 10 minutes total and the nails will hold strong and stay on longest with proper application
- Adhesive tabs can be combined with nail glue for extra grip
Are my nails reusable?
- Yes! I highly recommend investing in a cheap e-file if you're regularly wearing press on nails. With an e-file, you can successfully file off the old glue from the press on and your nail bed. This will allow you to re-use your press ons successfully
- Check out my IG tutorial on how to reuse your press ons here
How can I safely remove press ons?
- Soak your hand in warm, soapy water for up to 5 minutes
- An oil of your choice (coconut, olive oil, etc) can also be added into the soapy water to help lift the nail
- Gently slide cuticle stick underneath the nail, starting at the bottom, moving side to side, up to the top, to check if it's coming loose
- The nail should come off easily. Do not rip it off! If still sticking, soak again for another minute or two and try again
- Aftercare: gently buff away the old glue, cleanse with an alcohol wipe and apply cuticle oil if possible
- Massaging cuticle oil into your nail bed after removal will help replenish your nails and improve the overall health over time
- Removal kits available in the Extra Supplies section
I lost a nail. What do I do?
- Purchase the Replacement Nail Fee from the Extra Supplies section and enter the necessary info (size, length, shape, which set it's for, which finger, etc)
- Please note: if the replacement fee is included in an order with sets, it may take up to 10 days before the replacement nail is shipped. If you need the replacement(s) ASAP, order it separate from the other items
I need a custom set for a special occasion. How far in advance should I order?
- At least 14+ days in advance to ensure there's enough time for your set to be made, shipped and to account for any possible delays on USPS' behalf.
What tips do you use?
- As of 2021, I exclusively use the Aprés Gel-X system. These gel tips are as strong and durable as an acrylic set from a salon when applied properly. No cheap plastic tips or low quality materials will go into the making of your set!
I have flat nail beds and there's usually a gap in between press-ons and my natural nail. Can this be fixed?
- Try using an adhesive tab on the inside of the press-on to fill the gap, in addition to applying glue on your nail bed
A set I wanted is no longer on your site. Can you still make it for me?
- Yes! Typically sets are only removed to make way for new designs but I will gladly recreate older sets (unless a particular supply has been discontinued, which is rare).
Why didn't you reply to my tweet, comment or DM?
- I don't always see every tweet, comment or DM so please email me with any and all inquiries at email@example.com for a timely reply
My package was returned to you. Will you re-ship it?
- Of course! Just purchase the re-shipping fee from the Extras section and I will mail it back out to you ASAP.
- Note: Packages are usually returned to sender because of small errors in the address (typos, missing apartment number, etc) form so please double check your shipping info before submitting your order.
My order was marked as delivered by USPS but I didn't get it.
- Once USPS obtains your package and scans it into their system, GiLi Nails is no longer responsible for it. USPS is 100% accountable for the package(s) being delivered to you
- Signature confirmation can help prevent stolen packages and is available upon request. Just let me know if you need it in the Order Notes. This can be helpful for unsecured mail rooms as the mail carrier will have to hand it to you directly
- In the rare and unfortunate circumstance that your package was lost, please file a claim with USPS here: https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me via email if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you so much for supporting my small business! xoxo